Anstey's Giant Cornish Cross...Feed Conversion...Flavour...The Meat Bird of Choice
- Capable of converting 1 lb. of meat on 2 lbs of feed.
- Rapid maturing ..... Rosters at 8 weeks or more.
- Cockerels mature to 12 lbs. Pullets 8 lbs live weight.
- Broad breasted and meaty thighs.
- Outstanding fryer at 7 weeks
- Fill your freezer with this outstanding bird.
Special discounts on 500 or more. Contact us for pricing.
Important information for Raising Cornish Cross
DAYS LIGHT TEMPERATURE FEED
0 -4 24 hour good lighting. 90 F (33 C) measured at head level of chick 20% Chick Starter - full feed.
4 - 21 24 hour dim light from infrared Reduce temperature 5 F (3 C) per week by 20% Chick Starter max 4 - 6 hours
heat lamps only or very dim light. raising the heat lamp. Remember to always of feeding time in a 24 hour period.
Darken any windows. take temperature at head level of bird.
21 - plus 16 hours of dim light. If heat is 70 F (21 C ) is a comfortable temperature to 16% grower ration or mix a 35% supplement
not required then provide 4 - 8 maintain after 4 weeks of age. with 4 parts of grains to 1 part supplement.
hours of darkness each night. - see feed/brood ins for details in feeding.
IT IS MOST IMPORTANT TO RESTRICT THE FEED WHEN RAISING CORNISH CROSS
Your birds will be healthier and happier on a restricted feeding program.
- Note: Please see our complete guide on Feeding/Brood Int. for a complete guide to proper care and feeding of Cornish Cross.